Let's make a logo...almost. Let's do some research.
- A logo must be simple. A simple logo design allows for easy recognition and allows the logo to be versatile and memorable. Effective logos feature something unexpected or unique without being overdrawn.
- A logo must be memorable. Following closely behind the principle of simplicity is that of memorability. An effective logo design should be memorable and this is achieved by having a simple yet appropriate logo.
- A logo must be enduring. An effective logo should endure the test of time. The logo should be 'future proof', meaning that it should still be effective in 10, 20, 50+ years time.
- A logo must be versatile. An effective logo should be able to work across a variety of mediums and applications.
- A logo must be appropriate. How you position the logo should be appropriate for its intended purpose.
Complete the handout. Your Personal Logo will need to include your name or initials and at least one image.
Sketch 6 logo ideas. Include your name and the image.
Make a final sketch in color with rulers as nice as you can and as close to the final as possible.
Save as a JPG file.
Make a Gallery
Post the Sketches Handout
Post the Logo
Download the rubric here...